Next scheduled course:
August 29th – September 14th
NEED MORE FLEXIBILITY?
WITH HOME-STUDY YOU CAN CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
1 NIGHT/WEEK FOR 6 WEEKS
2 NIGHTS/WEEK FOR 3 WEEKS
(Pools Tuesdays and/or Thursdays)
Click the icon to start your free online training! ^
If you are considering taking the Open Water Dive Course, please review our medical prior to signing up. If you answer YES to any of the following questions you will have to see a physician prior to signing up for a course. Click Physician Consent Form to review our medical.
How Long Does It Take?
Each course is three weeks or six weeks long and consists of six lectures at Thunder Country Diving and six pool sessions at the Knights of Columbus Pool. Open water dives can be completed in the spring or in a Southern location by referral.
What about Referrals?
Talk to our instructors about referrals. You could do your open water dives in the tropics with warm water and sunny weather.
Course price excluding open water dives: $399.99 + HST
Course fee: $399.99 + HST for instruction and education kit which includes; online training, log book, dive tables, DVD, & record folder. An additional $200.00 + HST is required for open water certification dives.
Customers who purchase their required equipment from us will receive 25% off their open water dive fees. Customers who purchase their total diving system from us will receive 100% off their open water dive fees. Should you choose to only complete the online program, the course fee drops to $350.00.
Flex-course fee: additional $150.00
Flex-course is for those who cannot work with the schedule already set for the course.
Private course fee: additional $300.00
Private course is for those who want one-on-one instructor time and who also want to make their own schedule.
Missed sessions: $50.00 each
Extra sessions: $50.00 each
What Do I Need?
Students are required to have their own mask, snorkel, fins and boots. A dive computer or dive watch is also required for the open water dives. These can either be rented or purchased. All other equipment will be provided.
Under the guidance of a professional SSI Instructor, you’ll develop the knowledge and skills necessary to enjoy a lifetime of underwater exploration.
- Proper Knowledge
- SSI’s modular, six-session teaching system includes a video, online study guide, DiveLog, and dive tables.
- Some topics include:
– Planning enjoyable, exciting dives
– Appreciating the underwater world
– Tips on traveling
– How to make a lifetime of adventure
– Proper Skills
- In multiple pool and open water sessions, you’ll practice scuba skills with SSI’s exclusive Comfort through repetition teaching method.
- Some of the skills are:
-The easiest way to get into and out of the water
– Breathing normally underwater
– Moving in the water with ease
– Controlling buoyancy so you neither descend nor ascend
– Getting water out of your mask
– Replacing the regulator in your mouth
– Proper Equipment
- Since you can’t dive without equipment, there is extensive information on scuba equipment, including:
– Selecting the best diving equipment for your needs and budget
– Maintaining and adjusting your equipment to extend its life and improve performance